.

.

.

.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

LEONA LEWIS HATES BEING SEEN IN BIKINI


While other celebrities are happy to frolic around on the beach wearing nothing more than a skimpy bikini, singer Leona Lewis revealed just how much she hated being photographed while on holiday.
The stunning singer was mortified when she was snapped in Barbados with electrician boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa.
‘Being pictured in my bikini was a nightmare, especially for somebody like me,’ she said.
‘I’m a normal-sized girl and it’s embarrassing.

'I'm a normal-sized girl and it's embarrassing.' Leona admits she was horrified by the paparazzi shots of her on holiday
‘Nobody in their right mind wants to see rough-looking bikini shots of themselves from every dodgy angle. It was horrid', said the singer of the shots taken last Christmas.
Lewis, 23, shot to fame in 2006, when she won the third series of popular British talent show, The X Factor.
Her first single A Moment Like This broke a world record when it was downloaded more than 50,000 times within 30 minutes of its release.
Her second single, Bleeding Love, was the biggest-selling song of 2007 in the UK, and her album, Spirit, became the fastest-ever selling debut album.
She’s picked up a string of awards since being crowned X Factor winner and she’s taking the United States by storm.
She credits LA life with improving her figure.
"I ride horses and do spinning classes," she says, although she says she won't spend her life working out, even though she's not thrilled with her arms.
And when it comes to naming her favourite part of her body, it tellingly fits in with her embarrassment at those beach shots that she says "my smile".
Leona has vowed to stay true to her roots, despite Simon Cowell’s attempts to turn her into a diva.
The singer has revealed the X Factor judge wants her to be more demanding.
‘I remember Simon telling me that now I finished my album he wanted to hear more demands from me when I work,” she says.
‘I thought it was funny - I don’t need anything special to be happy.
‘I have everything I need. I don’t need to order people around and all that. I’m still the same old Leona.
‘Simon’s still the most famous person in my phone. He’ll love the fact that I said that.’
Lewis’s vocal talents have been compared to music legends Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, but she seems far from reaching their diva status.
While Mariah uses a private jet to fly her Jack Russell terrier between her homes in New York and Los Angeles, Whitney demands pulp-free orange juice and peanut butter and jam sandwiches backstage at concerts.
Lewis, who earlier this month was named Best Pop Female and Best New Act at the World Music Awards, says she does not even have a personal assistant or any security guards travelling with her.
She tends to shun glitzy events and previously said: ‘I just like to stay at home and chill out with my friends, maybe go for a nice meal.
‘I like to relax and take it easy - I'm a low-key kind of girl.’
And rather than splashing out a small fortune on a 10-bedroom mansion, she is instead buying a flat in Hackney, close to where she grew up.
‘When you’re settled it’s hard to move,’ she said.
‘I love the flat – it’s really private and the neighbours are cool - and it’s very close to my mum and dad.’

No comments:

Post a Comment