.

.

.

.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

THE PREGNANT MAN IS PREGNANT AGAIN ?

Thomas Beatie, the transgender "pregnant man" who gave birth to a daughter in June, is pregnant again.
In an interview Beatie, 34, reveals that he is in his first trimester.
He tells says that he did not go back on the male hormone testosterone after his daughter, Susan, was born so he could have another baby.
"I feel good," said Beatie, who is due June 12. "I had my checkups with my hormone level, as far as the HCG. And everything is right on track."
He said the baby was not born via Caesarean section; he was in labor for 40 hours and that his wife, Nancy, cut the umbilical cord.
Beatie, who was born a woman, had his breasts surgically removed and legally changed his gender from female to male, he first revealed on The Oprah Winfrey Show this past April.
Although he took hormones and lived as a man, he said he kept his female sex organs in hopes to get pregnant one day.
He said his pregnancy was a "human desire" and that as a person he has "the right to have my own biological child."
Being pregnant, said Beatie, did not make him feel more feminine.
"It doesn't make me want to go and shave my legs or something," he told Winfrey. "I'm a man, I just happen to be a pregnant man."
The most important message, said Beatie: "Different is normal and love makes a family. And that's all that matters."

No comments:

Post a Comment