.

.

.

.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

FIRST EVER F1 NIGHT RACE

SINGAPORE F1 STREET CIRCUT TONIGHT

Formula One will be plunged into darkness for its first night race in 58 years - but Lewis Hamilton has never seen his destiny more clearly.
As he prepared for tonight's Singapore Grand Prix, the McLaren driver told how he has created a focus for his ambition - a single white digit.
"When I have No.1 on my car, that is when I will have proved I'm the best," said Hamilton.
"Every driver has to believe they're the best. If you go into it thinking, 'I'm not as good as this guy', then you're never going to beat them.
"But I've never been one to say, 'Hey, I'm the best here'. It might come back to bite you in the butt."
Halfway across the world from where he suffered at the hands of yet more dubious FIA decision-making on Monday, the Brit has decided his own form of justice - mocking the initials of the sport's world governing body. A running joke in the paddock is that FIA stands for Ferrari International Assistance.
Hamilton intends to ensure that with or without assistance he is top of the pile after the final four races of the season.
"We're effectively starting from scratch," he said. "These four races are their own self contained championship. I can't be thinking I've a comfortable lead because I don't, it's only one point. I'll treat this race the same way I have the past 14. I'll just attack and try to get maximum points

No comments:

Post a Comment