.

.

.

.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

HOLYFIELD TO FIGHT AGAIN AT 46


Holyfield, a four-time world champion, has said he has been handed a contract by Valuev's promoter Sauerland Event to face the giant Russian on December 20.
And despite turning 46 on October 19, Holyfield insists his age will not be an issue should the fight get the green light.
Holyfield, who would pass George Foreman in the record books as the oldest heavyweight champion should he win, told ESPN.com: "They said I was too old when I was 34 and was getting ready to fight Mike Tyson for the first time.
"There's nothing new with what people say. I have a desire and I am the one who got to train and I am willing to make the sacrifices necessary to be the best.
"Just imagine a 46-year-old guy being heavyweight champ of the world."
Holyfield has not fought since he dropped a unanimous decision to Sultan Ibragimov for a version of the title in October 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment