.

.

.

.

Sunday, February 05, 2012

SUUDI LUKWAGO THE US BASED PROMOTER ....




Suudi with Kevin Lyttle
He has been on the international showbiz scene long enough to have made his mark by bringing in top singers like R. Kelly, Brick and Lace, Kevin Lyttle among others. Well, we are talking about Ugandan born, Boston, US based International promoter Suudi Lukwago.
For years, Suudi had quit working with Uganda’s entertainment industry. Now he has changed his mind and says he is soon making a comeback. What a better way to start it by bringing Barbados born star singer Rihanna or Ne-Yo to Kampala. TGIF snoops caught up with him to talk about his new projects. Read on!
RP: What have you been up to of recent?
Suudi: I’m still booking shows every week across the US. I have brought artistes to Africa like Nigeria and South Africa of recent. I also travel a lot across the globe. I gave myself a break from the Kampala showbiz circles because these days I am only dealing with big name artistes.
But I am planning something massive this year.
RP: What big projects are you working on?
Suudi: By the end of 2012, I can assure Ugandan’s that something big will is on the horizon. One of the big three artistes; Rihanna, Ne-Yo or Chris Brown will perform in Kampala. That’s what I want to assure party loving Kampala people.

Rihanna
RP: How do you book these International stars?
Suudi: (Laughs) I am street smart. You know to do this kind of business, one needs to be highly connected in big circles. I know a lot of people. Plus you need to have a background of promoting on the international stage. But normally I like going through the artistes themselves because their managers normally will take you through the long route and even hike fees. So basically I talk to all these big artistes myself.

Suudi with Kevin Lyttle

Suudi with Brick n Lace
RP: You have brought in top international stars to Kampala before. What was your profit in all that?
Suudi: Every show is different depending on how the deal is negotiated. But I usually get 10-20% of the gross amount of fees. The way I do it, is that I make sure am paid by the artistes.
RP: How much did you get for bringing in R.Kelly for Zain?
Suudi: I can’t remember correctly off head but I got more than $800,000.
RP: What other business ventures do you do?
Suudi: Yeah, am up and down. I own a construction and Development Company, two car dealerships, a private money lending company in the US. Soon am opening Roxy Club in Boston on top of promoting and staging shows for big artistes.


SOURCE: RED P

No comments:

Post a Comment